Autodesk recently improved some of their APIs associated with Document Management, and because of that, we're happy to announce that a new version of 360 Sync is available!
This new version (Version 184.108.40.20698) doesn't add any new functionality to 360 Sync, however, it does address some of the API changes. So, if you are experiencing some strange activity with 360 Sync then it's probably time to update!
How To Update:
To download the newest version, you can always download it from this link; or you can download it from the Autodesk App Store.
If you want to download it from the App Store but are unsure how, learn how by clicking on the link to my previous blog.
Once you've downloaded the new version, here are the quick directions for install:
- Uninstall the previous version of 360 Sync
- DO NOT DELETE the 360 Sync folder or any of its contents
- Download new version & unzip it
- Install the new version of 360 Sync
- Find your License Key
- If you can't find it, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You’re good to go!
This new version fixes:
- 409 Error occurring with certain files
- An issue where file extensions were not transferring over from BIM 360 Docs upon download
- Modified Framework due to API revision in BIM 360
- BIM 360 Glue Syncing issues
There has been one instance where a re-install as described above didn't work. Here is the error the customer got:
If this happens to you, copy the following location (below) & search for the following file:
C:\ProgramData\ASTI\360Sync for Windows\data2.asti'
Once you've found it, delete it & retry the installation of 360 Sync.