Yesterday AutoCAD 2018 was released by Autodesk. If you don't yet see it in your Autodesk account or you don't yet have an Autodesk account then you can download your free trial here: AutoCAD 2018 Free Trial.
So what's new in this release of AutoCAD?
First and foremost, it must be known that the drawing format has changed to 2018.
Some of the highlighted enhancements include:
- Updates to PDF imports including better importation of geometry, SHX font files, fills, raster imagery and True Type fonts.
- The ability to fix broken external reference paths for externally referenced files.
- A stronger object selection to include items you've selected even if they pan or zoom off screen.
- Updates to the user interface to include some of the more commonly used tools.
- High-resolution monitor support for the best possible viewing experience, even on 4K and higher resolution displays.
- And much more!!!
Here is a general overview of the new features:
Here is a link to all the new features explained and some more videos explaining the major features and enhancements: AutoCAD 2018 New Features