I've had several calls from users who have been confused about the layer isolate (LAYISO) command.
They use it out of the box and notice that when they attempt to isolate a layer all the other layers become faded and locked rather than turning off. This is happening because the layer isolate settings are set to do so. If you want to configure the settings so that the unisolated layers are turned off rather than faded and locked follow these steps:
- Begin the LAYISO command.
- Before you click anything look at the command line.
- Select the "Settings" option.
- By default the "Lock and fade" options is set. Select the "Off" setting.
- Verify the "Off" setting is also set for the paper space viewport option.
- Continue to use the command as you normally would. You're unisolated layers will be turned off.