Yesterday, I received the same question from two customers in different parts of the county. "What's the difference between BIM 360 Team and BIM 360 Glue?"
I think the confusion comes from all the buzz phrases we see on the web; phrases we can apply to both products.
What I want to focus on in this blog are the differences. There are some important differences between BIM 360 Team and BIM 360 Glue. I will list the major ones below. This list is based on the current version of BIM 360.
- is more for the Construction workflow, but also a great product for the design workflow!
- can open all the same file formats as Navisworks except RVT
- Glue files can be opened directly from the cloud with Navisworks
- is used for model coordination/clash detection
- can link equipment assets from the Glue model to BIM 360 Field
- allows attaching hyperlinks to model geometry easily integrates with BIM 360 Field and BIM 360 Layout
- Glue button inside of AutoCAD and Revit to easily upload models in the cloud
- Glue Pinpoint button inside of AutoCAD and Revit to easily locate Glue clashes in your model
- is more for the design workflow
- can open many file formats including RVT files
- supports 2D & 3D workflows
- is required if using Collaboration for Revit
- does not integrate with any other BIM 360 product
Until next time,